Advanced AquateX™ Material
Advanced AquateX™ Solid Surface is a homogeneous, polymer composite material applied in the manufacture of all new Aquatica stone bathtub models (from 2013). The main components are acrylic, modified polyester resin, and mineral filler (Aluminum Hydroxide).
Key material properties:
- stain resistant
- heat resistant
- wear resistant
- fire retardant
- high heat retention
- will not bend or flex
- high surface hardness (barcol 60)
- superior thermal shock performance
- UV stabilized
- densified (higher mechanical properties)
- will not discolor and only bleaches slightly after continuous exposure to water
- does not promote the growth of any bacteria such as mold or mildew
- repairable (unlike cultured marble)
- possible to renew the surface finish
AquateX™ Production Process
The components are mixed together in an automated casting machine – the latest technology from Germany. The material is densified in a vacuum-mixer, which provides for a void-free material with high mechanical properties and long-lasting surface quality.
The casting dispersion is extruded into closed casting molds. After the products have passed preliminary polymerization, the units go through post-curing (in a heated oven). This finalizes the polymerization process and maximizes the mechanical properties (surface hardness, stiffness, chemical resistance, etc.) of the products.
The production process ends with multi-stage, careful surface finishing to give a beautifully distinct, polished satin look. After finishing the surface, the products are thoroughly tested to assure a high-quality finish and standard.
Aquatica bathtub models featuring Advanced AquateX™ Solid Surface:
- Sensuality Mini (all variations)
- Arabella (all variations)
- Karolina (all variations)
- Purescape 748 (all variations)
- Fido (all variations)
- Purescape 621 (planned for 2015)
Materials and composition,
We hope you have found this article helpful to make your bathroom your own little havenSend us an email if you have more questions